Tuesday, April 7, 2009

EARLY MAURYAN DYNASTY (c. 400 B.C)

The wooden origins.
The Greek ambassodor Magasthenes' account in the court of Chadragupta in about 300 B C


WORLD HERITAGE SITES pertaining to Buddhist, Indo-Aryan, Dravadian and allied temple styles in India:
Ellora Caves · Ajanta Caves · Mahabalipuram Monuments · Sun Temple, Konark · Khajuraho Monuments · Hampi Monuments · Brihadisvara Temple Tanjore · Pattadakal Monuments · Elephanta Caves · Buddhist Monuments at Sanchi · Mahabodhi Temple, Bodh Gaya · Rock Shelters at Bhimbetka

1 comment:

  1. Hi KS :)

    Very interesting information.

    Mahabalipuram I visited a few times when I was young. Kajuraho and Sanchi I visited when I was working in MP.

    Hopefully I will get a chance to visit the other places also.

    Yours is a very special and unique blog.

    Best wishes:)
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete